Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the scriptures of both the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired of God and that they are the supreme and final authority for faith and practice (providentially preserved in the form of the King James Version of the Bible).
(II Timothy 3:16; Matthew 7:29; Titus 2:15; Psalm 12:6,7)
2. We believe in one God, creator and sustainer of the universe, who is existent in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(I Timothy 2:5; John 1:3; Hebrews 1:3; Matthew 28:19; I John 5:7)
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ — His virgin birth, His sinless life, His death to pay the penalty for our sins, His bodily resurrection, His exaltation at God’s right hand, His personal, imminent and premillennial and pretribulational return. (I Timothy 3:16; John 1:14; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18,23; I John 3:5; II Corinthians 5:21; Romans 8:34; Ephesians 1:20-23; Acts 1:11; Revelation 3:22-4:1; I Thessalonians 1:9,10; Revelation 6:15-17)
4. We believe that all men have sinned and are therefore guilty before God and under His condemnation.
(Romans 3:23; Galatians 3:22; Romans 3:19; John 3:18)
5. We believe that through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ alone men are born again of the Holy Spirit, therefore children of God and eternally saved, and that the Holy Spirit dwells within every believer to enlighten, guide, and enable him in life, testimony, and service.
(Acts 20:20,21; John 3:7,8; Galatians 3:26; John 5:24; Ephesians 1:13; Romans 8:11; II Corinthians 6:16; John 14:26, 16:13)
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust — the everlasting blessedness of the saved in Glory, and the everlasting punishment of the lost in Hell.
(Matthew 27:51-53, 22:31,32; Acts 24:14,15)
7. We believe that it is our duty to warn the lost, confronting them with the gospel in the Word of God.
(Mathew 28:19,20; I Timothy 2:4-6)
Constitution & By-Laws
The entirety of the Fishermen Baptist Church By-Laws may be read by clicking the button below.